Finding retirement accommodation

Numerous retirement villages, lifestyle estates, old age homes, nursing homes, frail care centres are listed in our directory. Complete the form listed below, specify the type of accommodation you are looking for and retirement facilities in your area will contact you directly. If, however, you prefer to do the searching yourself, go to the Senior Service website and search our large directory.

Help and advice

We want you to make the right informed decisions at this crucial time in your life.

ADMISSION TO AN OLD AGE HOME by The Department of Social development


This service is for older people who need 24-hour care in a state funded old age home.


Older people who are very frail and in need of full-time attendance in an old age home.

People who receive an old age grant.

Females who are 60 years and older, and males who are 65 years and older.


·         To apply for accommodation at a home for the aged, you have to apply directly to the home itself, as every home as its own requirements and fee structure.

·         The  Department of Social Development screens the applicants and will subsidise those who are very frail or disabled and who need assistance.

·         The final decision about admitting a person is made by the organisation that manages the home. Those who do not need a subsidy for their board and lodging fees, can also apply directly to the home. It is then up to the management of the home to decide whether to accept the person.

For more info click here.